Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Two Down One To Go

So much to blog about so little interest in being witty... Yesterday was the first day of the last trimester of my pregnancy. There is a part of me that feels like this pregnancy has been creeping along, that part of me is incredibly inpatient and thankful that I didn't find out until the 15th week or I would have made myself and everyone around me crazy by now. Well crazier! On the otherhand, I feel like the end of summer will never come and there is a little part of me that is okay with just being pregnant forever...

My belly is officially and unmistakably a pregnant belly and yet I have not really purchased a whole lot of maternity clothes. They are expensive and awkward looking, that is when I am actually able to find them in Topeka. My friend Jessica told me about the Belly Band which has worked wonders on expanding all of my non-pregnancy pants. Yesterday there was an 8-inch gap that it had to accommodate for, God Bless the inventor of the belly band.

The feet love to swell, it is their favorite pastime. Yesterday I tried to wear loafers, at some point I slipped them off my feet while I was sitting at my desk and then I could not get them comfortably back onto my feet. I am grateful that I am pregnant in the summer when it comes to shoes, I can wear a variety of flip flops and my feet can swell to their yummy little delight.

We are getting baby stuff left and right lately. Brooke has a friend that had a baby boy about eleven months ago and he has been showering us with his leftovers. He has given us a Boppy Swing, a bath tub, a Boppy, a lovely Graco car seat and two bases and a very cool walker that looks like a red corvette. Tracey and Vicki went garage saleing and got us a ton of little clothes and me some very nice maternity clothes. And finally, Shellie took Isabelle shopping and they got some bute outfits and a ton of bibs. Brooke asked me the other day what we were going to register for, I think a car to tote this baby around.

I guess that is really all I had, I apologize for the lack of funny stories, this really is more a techinical update. Stay tuned though, I am sure that a whole summer of giant belly in Kansas heat will produce humor, at least for those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment