Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jumping Jelly Bean

My best friend Tracey calls the baby Jelly Bean which makes me think of a jumping bean, today Sophia has decided to live up to that name. Her movement has been pretty consistent over the last month or so, I feel her just a little bit in the morning but not much. Maybe she will be a morning sleeper which would suit me just fine. In the afternoons she spends an hour or two jogging and doing tai chi and then when I go to bed she wakes up, sweet girl. Several times I have been lying in bed with the remote on my belly and she has kicked so hard that the remote jumps. She is very clever and only does this when I am alone so Brooke thinks that I am insane.

This past weekend was spent in Salina at the Smokey Hill River Festival. Our normal routine was disrupted because I was awake more at night then I ever am and during the day I walked more then I usually do. Sophia I think was a little freaked out because she didn't move much the whole weekend. By Saturday night I was starting to panic a little that I hadn't felt her all day, Brooke kept reassuring me that everything was okay but I enjoy the thrill of the panic. After drinking some tea and lying down for about thirty minutes I started to feel some movement, not as much as normal but it eased my mind.

Monday Sophia wanted to reassure me herself that she was good so she danced quite a bit in the afternoon and evening. Today however I can not only feel her movements but her body parts. I am not quite sure what I am feeling but she is pushing against the top of my belly and I can actually feel the outline of something. A leg, perhaps an elbow, I am not sure but it is at once the coolest and the creepiest feeling. I love know that she is right there and that she can feel me push back but not knowing what I am touching is weird, Brooke hopes that I am not poking her eyeball.

Today at lunch he asked that I not move anymore for the next three months because he is worried that I will move and she will readjust and get the cord caught around some body part. I told him personally I would be okay staying at home for the next three months but shockingly that is not what he meant. So we compromised that I would continue to do what I have been doing and he would continue to worry that she is going to get caught in something. We make a great team of worry warts!

2 comments:

  1. You two are so cute!
    Read scripture to Sophia, she can hear you and I think that is really neat :)
    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, since your movement lulls her to sleep, she is less likely to move the more you move. when you are still, that wakes her up and gets her going. So Brooke's request should be that you not sit still for the next three.

    ReplyDelete