Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby History

So I previously had a blog that was all about me moving to Pennsylvania, when I moved back to Kansas it seemed narcissistic to keep a blog going about myself. I kept telling myself that when I got pregnant I would start a blog.

Last December I was talking to my mom about how discouraged I felt about my life, I honestly was beginning to believe that I was never going to have a baby and that I was never going to get married (despite being in a 5+ year relationship). I had seen a show where a women made the comment that she prayed to God to take away her desire to have children if it wasn't what she was supposed to do with her life. She had four children and more then twenty foster children. So I began praying that if I wasn't meant to have kids that God would take away the desire. By the end of January I had come to accept that I may never have kids.

March 11th I found out that I was pregnant. March 19th we found out that I was fifteen weeks and three days pregnant which meant that I was pregnant all through December and January. God truly does work in mysterious ways.

Once we confirmed that we were going to have a baby in September, Brooke and I started talking about getting married. He wanted to get married in the church and I wanted to get married before the baby came. So we talked to our priest who said we could have both. A wedding in May in the church with three months to spare before the baby. On May 24th, 2009, I became Mrs. Brooke Estes.

Now we hurry and wait for the baby, a girl to be named Sophia Catherine Grace...

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through your Facebook! I'm so excited for you and Brooke! Being a mom is the MOST rewarding thing EVER! You'll be a great mom...at least you've gotten to have some practic with Iz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till Sophia Catherine Grace joins the Estes family! I'm very excited for you! You will be a wonderful mother and wife!!
    Love,
    Andee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skylar, babe, I hope you know how very excited we all are for you!! You are more special to me than you can imagine. Loving and watching you grow up, I'd say that you have been preparing for this role your entire life! You have helped many of us nurture our own children and now it is YOUR TURN!!!! We get to help you as we get acquainted with and love Sophia! I was very excited to add Brooke to my list of family members yesterday!! The best is yet to come! Please share your thoughts on nursery ideas, colors, etc. I want to help you! The towel I made you is at Dad's. Sorry I got my fish mixed up, Disney is complicated! Let me know what you think~

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, you have 90 days to come up with more names for her.

    ReplyDelete