Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Real Labor Story

Ms Sophia Catherine Grace arrived at 9:51 am Tuesday morning September 15th 2009. You will remember that we were schedule for an induction on Tuesday evening but she wasn't having any of that. My contractions started around 10:30 on Monday evening, they were not anything major so I went ahead and went to bed. By 1:30 they were intense enough to wake me up and my 2:30 intense enough to wake Brooke. We got to the hospital at 5:00 and the next three hours and 51 minutes were such a blur of pain and terror that when they laid her on my chest I honestly thought for a minute that maybe they took someone else's baby and gave her to me. There are not enough child labor classes in the world that could have prepared me for the speed and intensity. I thought that first babies were supposed to take their time, we packed a bag of movies to watch, music to listen to, books to read... that bag sat untouched.
I wish that I could make this post a whitty and funny story about labor but when Sophia came into the world I think that she pulled out my ability to be funny and whitty, either that or it is the sleep deprevation! So we now are a foursome, Brooke is surrounded by demanding, stubborn women... pray for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment