Monday, July 20, 2009

Pregnancy Brain

So Brooke thinks that Pregnancy Brain is a term that I made up to give myself an excuse for being such a flake lately. I keep telling him that there is a mutant creature who is feeding on all of my good blood cells so my brain gets the leftovers and that is the medical definition of pregnancy brain. Or maybe I keep meaning to tell him that... hmmm

My cooking skills have been greatly affected by the pregnancy brain. Last week was Brooke's birthday so I decided to make him dinner. I put potatoes on the stove to cook and began to smell something burning, I didn't give it much thought, the burners on our stove needed to be cleaned, something I only remember after turning them on. But soon I noticed smoke, so I checked out the stove and I had erroneously turned on the burner with the box sitting on it instead of the one with the potatoes. The box was on fire.... so I threw it on the floor, instead of into the sink. Stove 1, Skylar 0

After cleaning up that mess and getting dinner cooked, I went to take the cake out of the oven. When I went to put it on the stove top there was a spoon in my way so I tried to move it, but it was stuck, to the burner... melted. Stove 2, Skylar 0

Friday I had my nephews and Isabelle all day long. After a successful trip to Isa's doctor and to the grocery store we went back to the house for lunch. I made Spagetthi O's per Isa's request. After lunch I cleaned everything up and we left. When I got home that evening I found that I had left the burner on low all afternoon, thankfully I had taken everything off of the stove before we left so there was no disaster that arose. Stove 3, Skylar 0

This may be the norm for some cooks but I am generally catastrophe free in the kitchen. The next day when I tried to turn on the burner to remelt the spoon so that I could throw it away, the burner would not come on... so I took apart the stove and fixed the burner and cleaned the thing inside and out. Stove 3, Skylar 1

So while I did manage to up my score by the end of the week, I am beginning to think the cooking related pregnancy brain is the baby's way of telling me to sit down, put my feet up and hire a cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment